Sometimes you just want to sit down after work and eat a big bowl of pasta.
But sometimes bikini season is right around the corner.
Solution: Spaghetti Squash
No, it does not taste the exact same. No it does not have that carb-y goodness you had in mind. But yes, you can put on all the toppings you love and it is oh so tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 400º and pour enough water in a large casserole dish to cover the bottom
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and stringy bits
- Place the two halves face down in the dish and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on how crunchy/soft you like your noodles)
- Once the squash is tender (you can poke through it easily with a fork), take it out and let it cool a bit – to avoid burning your fingers off
- Scrape off the insides with a fork
- Top with your desired toppings! I went with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, chilli flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Tomato sauce & meatballs
- Chilli flakes
- Goat cheese
- Feta cheese, nuts & red onion