I am obsessed with beans. I know that is not the prettiest sentence in the world, but it is true. I love the taste, texture and all the health benefits. I think my aunt’s bean salad recipe is what started me off, but you can only eat so much bean salad! So here is one of my experiments for a bean-based meal gone very, very right. I got the idea from a local restaurant, but did not have a recipe to follow so this is rough measurements.
- 1 cup edamame (frozen organic preferably)
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch of chilli pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of sugar (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp virgin olive oil
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to boil in a small pot.
- Add 1 cup of frozen edamame, and continue to boil for about 4 minutes (if your bag has different instructions, feel free to follow those as well). Strain when time is complete.
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and chilli pepper flakes to olive oil, simmer for about a minute, then add soya sauce and sugar. Continue to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add strained edamame to saucepan, stirring until well coated.
- Plate and enjoy!