Today was a surprisingly successful day for me. I have been desperately searching for a suit that fits properly, so this morning my mom and I prepared to tear apart the mall. Unexpectedly, the first store we walked into had two suits that fit great! I love them!
After that, some more errand and then I settled in to make Mozzarella Stuffed Bruschetta Burgers while watching the Keeping Up with the Kardashians Marathon. I found the recipe through Peanut Butter Fingers, when she had a guest blogger sometime last year. The burgers were a hit, but I did have to double the recipe for the big-eaters in my family.
(**Please forgive my photography! I was using my iPhone again and I do not have a steady hand**)
For the burgers
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
For the bruschetta
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienne
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine turkey, parmesan, dried basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide into 8 parts.
- Line the lid of a peanut butter container with saran wrap and put 1 of the 8 parts into the mould.
- Put about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese in the middle and the put another turkey part on top. Press down to seal, then empty onto a plate. Repeat for the next 4 burgers.
- Combine all ingredients for bruschetta in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For the balsamic glaze, let the vinegar simmer in a saucepan on medium-high heat until it reaches a syrup consistency.
- Grill each side of the burgers for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.